Massive Protest in Arad over Lack of Employment in South
Hundreds of workers from the Tarkovot Brom Factories belonging to the ICL Industrial Products group, Dead Sea factories, Arad municipal workers, committee members and workers of various other factories in
addition to residents of the region are launching a massive protest on Monday in the southern city of Arad.
The workers are demonstrating and blocking the central square at the entrance to the Negev city, in protest of the poor employment situation in southern Israel.
As part of the demonstration, which was initiated by the Histadrut labor union, public activities in the city are to be disrupted until 12 p.m.
Municipal services are on a complete strike by workers, aside from the school system. The city telephone service center is only dealing with urgent issues for the time being.
Due to the protest, Highway 31 has been closed from Tel Arad to the Dead Sea. Police are redirecting traffic to Highway 80.
- Could Gas Price Jump Affect Elections?
- American Bikers Set to Support PM During Speech
- London: Muslims Protest Against Charlie Hebdo
- Haredim Continue Protests Against IDF Draft
- UK: Students Disrupt Israeli Ambassador
- 40 Haredim Arrested in IDF Enlistment Protests
- Egged to Strike Monday
- Iranians Shout 'Death to France' at Protest
- Pri Galil Workers Barricaded Inside Factory
- Minimum Wage to Increase to NIS 5,000 Per Month