Australia : Organiser for entertainment industry union needed in Sydney
Equity has a proud 75 year history of representing Australian performers, including actors, dancers, voiceover artists and stunt performers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a boutique, dedicated and lively
Key duties include:
- Providing basic advice to members on contracts, industry agreements and workplace issues
- Conducting cast meetings and encouraging membership growth
- Facilitating and coordinating member committees and developing activists, including identifying organising opportunities
- Promoting performers’ interests and building industry campaigns
- Organising and/or campaigning experience, preferably within the union movement
- Demonstrated ability to assist in negotiations for industry wide and production specific agreements
- Advocacy, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Working knowledge of the creative arts industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to play a leadership role amongst members and performers’ agents
- Demonstrated ability to hold structured conversations that align with the objectives of a campaign plan.
The preferred candidate would have a background in the union movement and/or progressive social justice movements. You will work on a diverse range of projects as part of an energetic team as well as being able to independently manage workload and exercise initiative. A commitment to trade union principles and performers’ rights is essential.
Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience, with hours to be agreed.