Australia : Full-time Organiser position available
The Australian Services Union Authorities & Services Branch covers Victoria and Tasmania. Our members hail from diverse industries including local government, social and community services, water, energy, transport, shipping, travel, info tech
We are growing membership and building strength through working with members in their workplaces, in their industries and within their professions.
The branch currently has a position located in Victoria.
The role primary focus involves working with members, workplace representatives and workplace leaders to plan and implement campaigns that build the strength of the union and deliver good industrial outcomes. The tasks involved in this include representing and negotiating on behalf of members in individual and workplace disputes, advocacy in tribunals such as the Fair Work Commission, creating and working to organising plans, developing workplace delegates, building sustainable organising structures and appropriate recruitment strategies. The position will also have some responsibility for Enterprise Bargain campaigning and negotiations.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated commitment to trade union values
- Previous experience working as an organiser and representing members in individual disputes (desirable)
- High level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the use of organising frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence members and potential members; including recruiting new members, activists and leaders
- Ability to work with delegates and members to develop their skills and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise work and achieve outcomes
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, demonstrate initiative, drive and resilience in a changing environment
- Good knowledge of the Federal industrial relations system, collective bargaining and individual industrial instruments
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Current driver’s licence
A generous salary will be offered to the right candidate, depending on level of experience.
The successful applicant will need to enjoy working as part of a team and support the principles of trade unionism.